STUDDED TIRE PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY
Studded tires have been used in U.S. to improve vehicle traction performance for more than 30 years. A major concern has been pavement damage caused by studded tires. This report summarizes a study conducted by the University of Alaska Fairbanks and sponsored by Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities to evaluate studded tire performance and safety.
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by Alaska Dept. of Transportation and Public Facilities, Juneau, Engineering and Operations Standards.
University of Alaska, FairbanksTransportation Research Center
Fairbanks, AK United States 99775
- Lu, J J
- Publication Date: 1994-12-20
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Pavements; Performance; Safety; Studded tires; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pavement damage; Tire safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Tire performance
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 00721028
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: INE-TRC-94.07,, SPR-UAF-92-22D
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1996 12:00AM