USE OF RECYCLED CHUNK RUBBER ASPHALT CONCRETE (CRAC) ON LOW VOLUME ROADS AND USE OF RECYCLED CRUMB RUBBER MODIFIER IN ASPHALT PAVEMENTS
The major objective of this project was to formulate a Chunk Rubber Asphalt Concrete (CRAC) mix for use on low volume roads. CRAC is a rubber modified asphalt concrete product produced by the 'dry process' where rubber chunks of 1/2 inch size are used as aggregate in a cold mix with a type C fly ash. The second objective of this project was to develop guidelines concerning the use of rubber modified asphalt concrete hot mix to include: 1) design methods for use of asphalt-rubber mix for new construction and overlay; 2) mix design method for asphalt-rubber; and, 3) test method for determining the amount of rubber in an asphalt-rubber concrete for quality control purposes.
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by Kansas Dept. of Transportation, Topeka.
Kansas State University, ManhattanDepartment of Civil Engineering, Fiedler Hall
Manhattan, KS United States 66506
- Hossain, M
- Funk, L P
- Sadeq, M A
- Marucci, G
- Publication Date: 1995-6-3
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregate mixtures; Asphalt rubber; Fly ash; Pavements; Rubber compounds; Surface course (Pavements); Texture
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Pavements; I33: Other Materials used in Pavement Layers;
- Accession Number: 00721024
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: K-TRAN-KSU-94-6
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 28 1996 12:00AM