REGULAR ROUTE PASSENGER SERVICES IN MINNESOTA
Research conducted for this study included phone interviews with 31 carrier executives, 5 focus groups with local government officials, and historical analysis of operating trends using biennial data from annual reports submitted by carriers. Carriers holding intrastate authority to provide regular route passenger services (RRPS) were divided into four groups: 1) intercity carriers operating in interstate commerce; 2) intercity carriers operating primarily within Minnesota; 3) local carriers who operate over short routes, usually within a single city or metropolitan area; and, 4) local carriers who receive public subsidies.
St Paul, MN United States 55155
- Berndt, M J
- Feige, J M
- Publication Date: 1995-9-3
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Interstate transportation; Local transportation; Motor carriers; Passenger service
- Uncontrolled Terms: Local service
- Old TRIS Terms: Intercity passenger services; Regular route passenger services
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00721023
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MN-RC-95-24
- Files: TRIS, ATRI, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 28 1996 12:00AM