LIMITED PRODUCTION (LP) PRECISION RUNWAY MONITOR (PRM) OPERATIONAL TEST AND EVALUATION INTEGRATION AND OT AND E OPERATIONAL TEST PLAN
This document defines the Test Plan and corresponding Test Verification Requirements Traceability Matrix (TVRTM) that will be used to conduct the Limited Production (LP) Precision Runway Monitor (PRM) Operational Test and Evaluation (OT and E) Integration and OT and E Operational tests. These tests will be conducted at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport following the Contractor Site Acceptance Tests. The LP PRM OT and E test effort will concentrate on Operational Effectiveness and Suitability. The Operational Effectiveness Test consists of a review of the contractor performed Development Test and Evaluation (DT and E) and Site Acceptance Tests. This review will evaluate whether each of the Measures of Effectiveness had been satisfactorily tested and whether the results meet the Minimum Acceptance Operational Requirements (MAORs). This review will be conducted solely by test engineers and does not require the PRM system. The Operational Suitability Tests will expose the test participants (Air Traffic (AT) Controllers and Airway Facilities (AF) Technicians) to the PRM system in an operational environment while they perform specified operational procedures. These tests will be conducted in two separate phases: AT Suitability and AF Suitability. Each of these phases is focused on the specific test participants.
Federal Aviation AdministrationWilliam J. Hughes Technical Center, Airport Technology Research and Development Branch
Atlantic City International Airport
Atlantic City, NJ United States 08405
- Publication Date: 1995-5
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic controllers; Airways; Contracts; Measures of effectiveness; Operations; Specifications
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Operational test and evaluation; Precision runway monitoring systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Operational suitability
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00721019
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-FAA-CT-TN95-2
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 28 1996 12:00AM