USER'S GUIDE TO EAGLES VERSION 1.1: AN ELECTRIC- AND GASOLINE-VEHICLE FUEL-EFFICIENCY SOFTWARE PACKAGE
EAGLES is an interactive microcomputer software package for the analysis of fuel efficiency in electric-vehicle (EV) applications or the estimation of fuel economy for a gasoline vehicle. The principal objective of the EV analysis is to enable the prediction of EV performance on the basis of laboratory test data for batteries. The EV model included in the software package provides a second-by-second simulation of battery voltage and current for any specified vehicle velocity/time or power/time profile. The capability of the battery is modeled by an algorithm that relates the battery voltage to the withdrawn (or charged) current, taking into account the effect of battery depth-of-discharge. Alternatively, the software package can be used to determine the size of the battery needed to satisfy given vehicle mission requirements,
- Sponsored by Department of Energy, Washington, DC.
Argonne National Laboratory9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL United States 60439
- MARR, W W
- Publication Date: 1995-1
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Fuel conservation; Gasoline engines; Microcomputers; Software
- Old TRIS Terms: Battery design
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00720993
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ANL-ESD-27
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 23 1996 12:00AM