CONSTRUCTION OF REHABILITATION TEST SECTIONS ON US 59 IN THE LUFKIN DISTRICT
The overall objective of the study is to develop a rehabilitation plan for US 59 in the Lufkin District. The rehabilitation plan covers a relatively long time period and includes numerous performance periods. The report describes the construction and cost of the test sections built as part of the project. Seven of the test sections were constructed on rigid jointed concrete pavement that had previously been overlaid with asphalt concrete pavement (ACP). The remaining seven test sections were constructed on a flexible pavement structure that had been overlaid several times since initial construction. Rehabilitation design strategies included removal of old ACP, the application of new base material, joint and crack repair, crack and seating, and the use of differently sized aggregates in the ACP materials.
- Also pub. as Texas Univ. at Austin, Center for Transportation Research rept. no RR-987-3. Sponsored by Texas Dept. of Transportation, Austin, Office of Research Technology Transfer.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Transportation Research, 3208 Red River Street
Austin, TX United States 78705
- Allison, B T
- McCullough, B F
- Publication Date: 1994-8
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Concrete pavements; Driver rehabilitation; Flexible pavements; Overlays (Pavements); Pavement design; Pavement maintenance; Rigid pavements
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00720981
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CTR-3-110-89-94-987-3,, TX-95-987-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 23 1996 12:00AM