SUMMARY DOCUMENTATION FOR THE TEXAS TRAVEL DEMAND PACKAGE
The statewide practice of urban travel forecasting in Texas is described. An overview of methods practiced and theoretical basis for travel modeling is presented in brief format. Each of the four steps used in the Texas Package travel modeling process is described. TRIPCAL5, the Texas Package trip generation method, is summarized. Trip distribution practice using the Texas Package ATOM model is included. Finally, the Texas Package methodology using the iterative traffic assignment process is described.
- Also pub. as Texas Transportation Inst., College Station rept. no. RR-1375-1. Sponsored by Texas Dept. of Transportation, Austin, Transportation Planning Division.
Texas Transportation InstituteTexas A&M University System, 1600 E Lamar Boulevard
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Williams, T A
- Dresser, G B
- Publication Date: 1992-12
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Traffic assignment; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Trip distribution; Trip generation
- Old TRIS Terms: Trip distribution models
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Society; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00720974
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-10-92-1375,, TX-92-1375-1
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 22 1996 12:00AM