EVALUATION OF MOTORIST INFORMATION SYSTEM USING COMPUTER DISPLAY TERMINALS
This study evaluates the effectiveness of a motorist information system, InfoBanq(SM), that provides real-time traffic information for pre-trip planning using computer display terminals within a major activity center in Houston, Texas. The Texas Transportation Institute (TTI) conducted the evaluation over a twenty-four month period based on the acceptance and utilization of information by the public, the reliability of the system's information, and the cost-effectiveness of the system.
- Also pub. as Texas Transportation Inst., College Station rept. no. RR-958-1F. Sponsored by Texas Dept. of Transportation, Houston.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Thompson, B A
- Publication Date: 1992-8
- Pagination: 172 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Cost effectiveness; Driver information systems; Highway traffic control; Information processing; Information systems; Systems analysis
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00720972
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-12D-90-958,, TX-92-958-1F
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 22 1996 12:00AM