CHARLOTTE COUNTY TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PLAN. TECHNICAL MEMORANDUM NO. 1: EXISTING CONDITIONS AND PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT
To assess the potential for transit system development, it is necessary to gain an understanding of the environment within which the system would operate. Toward this end, the first part of this technical memorandum analyzes 1) the study area setting, 2) demographic and economic conditions, 3) land use and roadway characteristics, and 4) major trip attractors and generators. The information was compiled using Census data, Traffic Analysis Zone (TAZ) data, Bureau of Transportation Statistics, and other relevant data provided by the Charlotte County-Punta Gorda MPO and other county departments. In the second part, the results of two major components of the Public Involvement Plan are described: 1) interviews with key local officials and 2) the citizen telephone survey.
- Prepared for the Charlotte County-Punda Gorda Metropolitan Planning Organization.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
- Publication Date: 1996-1
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 109 p.
- TRT Terms: Data analysis; Data collection; Demographics; Development; Economic conditions; Mathematical analysis; Metropolitan planning organizations; Public participation; Public transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Transit development plan
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00720967
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 22 1996 12:00AM