CHARLOTTE COUNTY TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PLAN. TECHNICAL MEMORANDUM NO. 2: EVALUATION OF THE POTENTIAL FOR TRANSIT SERVICE
This technical memorandum includes information used to evaluate the potential for various types of public transportation services in Charlotte County. The first section reviews the thresholds at which certain types of transit systems become viable. The second section compares Charlotte County to various peer groups including community transportation coordinator peers (paratransit) and potential fixed-route transit system peers. The third section describes beach shuttle services in other Florida communities. The fourth section describes transportation demand management strategies and their potential applicability to Charlotte County.
- Prepared for the Charlotte County-Punda Gorda Metropolitan Planning Organization.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Communities; Fixed routes; Paratransit services; Public transit; Shuttle service; Systems analysis; Travel demand management; Urban development
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00720965
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 22 1996 12:00AM