GRI PIPELINE SIMULATION FACILITY STRESS CORROSION CRACKING DEFECT SET. TOPICAL REPORT, JUNE 1992-JANUARY 1993
The stress corrosion crack (SCC) defect set was assembled to provide a sample of real SCC defects for use by researchers and inspection vendors. The defect set consists of 30-inch-diameter (76 cm) pipeline removed from transmission service due to SCC defects. The SCC defect set should be instrumental in developing an in-line-inspection tool for detection and sizing of cracks and for continually improving the gas industry's enviable safety record.
- Sponsored by Gas Research Institute, Chicago, IL.
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH United States 43201
- KOENIG, M J
- BUBENIK, T A
- NESTLEROTH, J B
- Publication Date: 1995-4
- Pagination: 108 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Defects; Flaw detection; Gas pipelines; Inspection equipment; Stress corrosion; Stress cracking; Stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack detection
- Old TRIS Terms: Corrosion cracking
- Subject Areas: Pipelines; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00720947
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: N4847,, GRI-94-0380
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 16 1996 12:00AM