EMERGING TECHNOLOGY REPORT: PRELIMINARY STATUS OF AIRPLANE DEICING FLUID RECOVERY SYSTEMS
This document presents the results of a preliminary technical evaluation of commercially available ADF recovery processes. It explores design-related questions, identifying weakness or limitations, provides cost data and is beneficial in the investigation of operation and maintenance problems. In addition, the results of the preliminary evaluation identify a specific range of conditions under which the process or technology demonstrates levels of performance efficiency. This preliminary technology evaluation is an essential first step in disseminating actual data on selected process or techniques. This report is not intended to establish ADF recovery systems as the preferred approach nor preclude other systems or methods for the control of ADF or ADF contaminated storm water.
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Water Programs, 401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20460
- Publication Date: 1995-9
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Airplanes; Contaminants; Deicing; Deicing chemicals; Environmental impacts; Technology assessment
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contamination; Recovery
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment;
- Accession Number: 00720946
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-832-B-95-005
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 15 1996 12:00AM