ADVANCED AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY: VISIONS OF A SUPER-EFFICIENT FAMILY CAR
The report examines the likely costs and performance of a range of technologies and vehicle types, and the U.S. and foreign research and development programs for technologies and vehicles. In particular, the report presents a baseline forecast of vehicle progress in a business-as-usual environment, and then projects the costs and performance of 'advanced conventional' vehicles that retain conventional drivetrains (internal combustion engines plus transmission); electric vehicles; hybrid vehicles that combine electric drivetrains with an engine or other power source; and fuel cell vehicles. OTA has focused on mass-market vehicles, particularly on the mid-size family car with performance comparable to those available to consumers today.
- Record URL:
- Also available from Supt. of Docs. See also PB96-111489.
Office of Technology AssessmentUnited States Congress
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1995-9
- Pagination: 319 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Electric vehicles; Hybrid vehicles; Power trains; Technological innovations; Vehicle drive systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy efficiency
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I90: Vehicles;
- Accession Number: 00720930
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTA-ETI-638
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: May 8 1996 12:00AM