MEETING THE CHALLENGE: MOBILITY FOR ELDERS
Elected officials and key decision makers at all levels must begin now to develop a wide range of viable transportation policies and programs to meet elders' needs in the communities in which they live. This publication is divided into four sections. It begins with a detailed of the demographic changes among the elderly as revealed by data and projections from the U.S. Bureau of the Census. This is followed by a section addressing the current status and the effects of transportation services on the lives of older Americans. The third section focuses on meeting the challenges of elderly transportation and advocacy within the transportation planning process. The final section examines policy, planning and program issues and options for consideration in serving the transportation needs of elders.
- Sponsored by Administration on Aging, Washington, DC.
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Bogren, S
- Ketchel, J
- Publication Date: 1994-12
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Community action programs; Demand responsive transportation; Demographics; Special user groups; Transportation planning
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00720918
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1996 12:00AM