EVALUATING THE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN ADVANCED TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND TRAVEL IN THE CENTRAL PUGET SOUND REGION
Rapid growth in regional travel demand and the application of advanced telecommunications technology will significantly affect future travel in the central Puget Sound Region. This report is an attempt to enhance the understanding of future travel trends by: 1) examining the limited extent of existing data and developing a method to begin to identify potential relationships; 2) identifying the direction and growth potential for a number of applications of advanced telecommunications technology over the next 25 years; and, 3) analyzing the potential direct relationship between growth in these applications and travel.
Puget Sound Regional Council1011 Western Avenue, Suite 500
Seattle, WA United States 98104-1035
- Publication Date: 1995-11
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Population growth; Technological innovations; Telecommunications; Travel demand
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00720910
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1996 12:00AM