PLANNING LONDON'S TRANSPORT
The document gives views of how planning processes should respond to the challenging transport demands of future developments in London. It is primarily concerned with public transport, placing it in the context of the overall patterns of land use, transport and travel, a changing market demand. The travel patterns and trends are discussed and forecasts are made of how London and its region will develop. Proposals are made for improving the existing networks and extending services with new investment. Proposals are placed in the context of land use, transport and travel and the planning and implementation process. Cost effective use must be made of existing resources, and the main aim is to improve reliability by expanding the bus priority network. The present momentum of renewals and upgrading for rail must continue. There is also an overriding need to improve the quality of travel.
LONDON TRANSPORT PLANNING DEPARTMENT55 BROADWAY
LONDON, United Kingdom SW1H OBD
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 81 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Intermodal terminals; Land use; Networks; Planning; Policy; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Subways; Transfer points; Travel; Urban areas; Work trips
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation networks
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 1272: Bus; 698: Journey; 621: Journey to work; 356: Land use; 1054: Network (traffic); 143: Planning; 173: Policy; 744: Public transport; 1173: Rail bound transport; 1185: Transport interchange (passengers); 1191: Underground railway; 8119: United kingdom; 313: Urban area
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00720898
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: May 24 1996 12:00AM