WAKE LABORATORY EXPERIMENT
The objective of the research program is to obtain analytical and experimental data that can be used for predicting the concentration (as a function of downstream distance) of a passive tracer released into the wake of a self-propelled body travelling through a stably-stratified medium. To achieve this capability, information is required on the wake shape and size. The experimental approach utilizes a stratified flow in which local color changes are generated at a grid by electrical impulses.
- Semiannual technical report.
Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory, Incorporated4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY USA 14221
- Merritt, G E
- Publication Date: 1972-4-1
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Flow; Turbulence; Wakes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flow patterns
- Old TRIS Terms: Wake analysis; Wake measurement
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00034716
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CAL-SC-5047-A-1 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-72-C-0073
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1972 12:00AM