ADVANCED PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS/APTS PROJECT SUMMARIES
This paper provides summary profiles of the APTS research projects currently underway in the FTA's Advanced Public Transportation Systems/APTS program. The projects profiled are listed under one of the following three technology areas of the program: Smart Traveler Technology, which focuses on providing both pre-trip and en-route travel information to transit users before they make personal decisions on how to travel; Smart Vehicle Technology, which integrates vehicle-based APTS technologies into a single system that is designed to improve vehicle and fleet planning, scheduling and operations; and Smart Intermodal Systems which involve the integration of APTS technologies into transit management and other non-transit applications of ITS. This project summary paper is updated and disseminated periodically to keep the transit community well-informed of the current research activities of the advanced technology projects sponsored by the FTA.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced public transportation systems; Driver information systems; Intelligent vehicles; Intermodal transportation; Management; Project management; Public transit; Route guidance; Technological innovations
- Old TRIS Terms: Project analysis; Smart traveler technology; Transit management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00720363
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 18 1996 12:00AM