HANDBOOK FOR TRANSIT BOARD MEMBERS
The political and economic environment for today's public transit calls for decision makers who are skilled and knowledgeable about the demands and issues facing their system. Without the advantage of informed policy making, public transit boards would face the challenges of today's transit operation with confusion and concern. This book is a valuable resource that offers both new and tenured board members the opportunity to know more about their role and responsibilities as industry's chief policy makers. The book provides a brief history of public transportation in America; it suggests answers to often asked questions about public transportation; it includes a glossary; and it provides sources for finding more information.
American Public Transportation Association1201 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Industry structure; Management; Policy; Policy making; Public transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Management policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00720344
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 11 1996 12:00AM