ENVIRONMENTAL CODE OF PRACTICE FOR MOTOR VEHICLE EMISSION INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
The purpose of this code is to provide guidance to provincial transportation and environmental regulatory agencies regarding inspection and maintenance programs as a means of reducing noxious emissions from in-use motor vehicles. The code is intended as a basis for implementing consistent and uniform control measures employing the latest technology for the testing of in-use motor vehicles across Canada. Training requirements are included in the code to help maintain efficient inspection station and repair shop operation as well as the health and safety of the motorists who participate in the programs. This document includes the legislative and policy considerations behind the code, the basic program parameters, and information on the test procedures and equipment, quality control and quality assurance procedures, and development of public awareness.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1895925428
Canadian Council of the Ministers of the EnvironmentLight Duty Vehicle Emissions Inspection & Maintenance Program
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Publication Date: 1994
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Emission control systems; Environmental control; Inspection; Legislation; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Policy making; Quality assurance
- Old TRIS Terms: Inspection laws; Legislative intent
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Law; Policy; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00720336
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1895925428
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1996 12:00AM