CALGARY GOPLAN: COMPARISON OF ROAD NETWORK OPTIONS
Phase 4 of the Calgary GoPlan is evaluating two options for a future road network in Calgary that would serve the city under a forecast 1.25 million population horizon. One option does not include any new crossing of the Bow and Elbow Rivers except for an approved crossing of the Bow River at Stoney trail, and the other option includes crossings of both rivers at Sarcee Trail. This report compares the two options in terms of flexibility to adapt to changes in land use or travel mode preference, ability to serve growth areas, and restrictions on neighborhood access and circulation. The report also analyzes a number of critical areas and identifies a number of problem locations in the two networks.
- Prepared for the City of Calgary by Delcan Western Ltd.
Calgary, City of, Canada313 Seventh Avenue, Southeast
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Flexibility; Land use; Networks; Population growth; Roads; Transportation planning; Travel by mode
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road networks
- Old TRIS Terms: Travel modes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00720326
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 2 1996 12:00AM