CALGARY GOPLAN: ASSESSMENT OF WHAT IF CONDITIONS
Phase 4 of the Calgary GoPlan, a plan for future land use and transportation in Calgary, is considering two road network options. One option does not include any new crossing of the Bow or Elbow rivers, except for an approved crossing at Stoney Trail. The other includes a crossing of both rivers at Sarcee Trail. The city transportation department has undertaken model runs for each of these options, using certain assumptions about future land use patterns, population, and travel parameters. This paper examines the impact of variations in those assumptions made for the two transportation network options. The paper assesses the impacts of these variations on overall system characteristics, land use, and system mobility. An appendix tabulates model run results.
- Prepared for the City of Calgary by Delcan Western Ltd.
Calgary, City of, Canada313 Seventh Avenue, Southeast
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Land use; Mobility; Networks; Population growth; Roads; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road networks
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00720325
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 2 1996 12:00AM