BROWARD COUNTY FLORIDA TRANSIT OPTIONS PROJECT: USING GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR INTEGRATED TRANSIT SERVICE DELIVERY
In March 1994, Project ACTION funded a demonstration project in Broward County, Florida. The project was to design and develop an integrated, multi-modal transportation system for serving persons with disabilities. The major goal of the project was to develop a variety of options for travel, including paratransit, fixed route, local community bus service, and accessible private taxi service. This report provides information about the applications of geographic information systems (GIS), one of the innovative technologies that was used as a part of the demonstration project.
Project ACTIONNational Easter Seal Soc, 1350 New York Ave, NW, Suite 915
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Harman, L J
- THATCHER, R H
- Publication Date: 1995-9
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Demonstration projects; Geographic information systems; Multimodal transportation; Persons with disabilities; Technological innovations
- Old TRIS Terms: Disabled people; Multimodal transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00720320
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 1 1996 12:00AM