TTI CM/AQ EVALUATION MODEL USER'S GUIDE AND WORKSHOP TRAINING MATERIALS. INTERIM REPORT
The Texas Transportation Institute (TTI) Congestion Mitigation/Air Quality (CM/AQ) Evaluation Model was originally developed for the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) by JHK & Associates. After reviewing it, the TTI sought enhancements to this model for use in Texas and other nonattainment states. The TTI CM/AQ Evaluation Model evaluates potential projects based on the following criteria: eligibility, travel impacts, emission impacts, and cost-effectiveness. To compare independent projects within a region during the decision process for CM/AQ funding, each project evaluated with this model is given an overall score based on the project's effects for the criteria listed above. Training workshops were held by TTI in the first quarter of 1995 to teach metropolitan planning organization (MPO), state department of transportation (DOT), and regional air quality organization staff how to use this model. Basics of sketch-planning applications were also taught. The DRCOG and TTI CM/AQ Evaluation Models represent significant steps toward the development of analytical methodologies for selecting projects for CM/AQ funding. Because the needs of nonattainment and attainment areas change over time, this model is particularly useful as key evaluation criteria can be modified to reflect the changing needs of a metropolitan area. Further enhancements are being made to the model and future versions will be made available to MPO and DOT staff.
- Research study title: Congestion Management and Air Quality Benefits of Transportation Improvements. The Workshop referred to in this report was presented by J.A. Crawford and W.E. Knowles, Texas Transportation Institute.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Dresser, G B
- Walters, C
- Publication Date: 1995-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 240 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality; Alternatives analysis; Evaluation; Mathematical models; Project management; Sketch planning; Traffic congestion; Traffic mitigation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mitigation; Models; Project selection; Projects
- Old TRIS Terms: Sketch planning techniques
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00720303
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-95/1358-1, Res Rept 1358-1, TTI: 0-1358
- Contract Numbers: Study 0-1358
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 26 1996 12:00AM