TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION TRAFFIC FORECASTING PRACTICES. INTERIM REPORT
This report presents the results of a series of interviews conducted from 1989 to 1991 with district, division, and administrative staff of the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). The purpose of these interviews was to obtain information on TxDOT transportation planning practices and procedures, to get an understanding of how the various districts and divisions viewed TxDOT planning practices, and to obtain opinions and perceptions about how well these practices were meeting the various planning needs of the Department. The interviews focused on the six research areas to be studied during this project: (1) state-of-the-art planning techniques, (2) traffic forecasting requirements, (3) traffic data collection and analysis, (4) rural traffic forecasting, (5) urban traffic forecasting, and (6) intercity route studies. Also, interviews were conducted with selected departments of transportation in other states to compare TxDOT practice with other state practices.
- Research study title: Improving Transportation Planning Techniques. Published March 1995; revised August 1995.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Dresser, G B
- Stokes, R W
- Wade, M
- Publication Date: 1995-8
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Analysis; Data collection; Intercity travel; Interviewing; Routes; Rural areas; State departments of transportation; Traffic data; Traffic forecasting; Transportation planning; Urban areas
- Geographic Terms: Michigan; New York (State); Texas; Wisconsin
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00720298
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-95/1235-5, Res Rept 1235-5, TTI: 0-1235
- Contract Numbers: Study 0-1235
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 26 1996 12:00AM