SYSTEMS FOR ELECTRONIC ROAD PRICING
SYSTEMEN VOOR ELECTRONISCHE TOLHEFFING
Research has been carried out into the available apparatus for electronic road pricing. The manufacturer has a broad experience with radio-frequency related identification systems such as car identification, freight identification, personal identification, electronic toll road systems and transport management. For the most succesfull solution a cooperation was looked for with a softwarehouse. An inventarisation of the different systems for electronic toll payment is presented. There are two groups of systems which can be considered: systems with a scanning label in the vehicle and systems based on a smart card in the vehicle. Both systems have advantages and disadvantages which are presented in some detail.
RADIO HOLLAND GROEP, ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS, LANDJAN REBELSTRAAT 20
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands 1069 CC
- Publication Date: 1990-4-17
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Automation; Calculation; Detection and identification; Detectors; Digital computers; Electronics; License plates; Measuring instruments; Operating costs; Payment; Road pricing; Traffic density
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 6155: Apparatus (measuring); 3882: Automatic; 6464: Calculation; 9115: Detection; 8673: Digital computer; 6965: Electronics; 8078: Netherlands; 1346: Number plate; 221: Operating costs; 272: Payment; 240: Road pricing; 673: Traffic concentration
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00719736
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Apr 26 1996 12:00AM