THE ORGANIZATION OF CHINESE AMERICANS' PROBLEM IDENTIFICATION REPORT ON ALCOHOL AND TRAFFIC SAFETY ISSUES IN THE CHINESE AMERICAN COMMUNITY, 1993-1994
In an effort to begin to understand the issue of alcohol and traffic safety awareness in the Chinese American community, the Organization of Chinese Americans, Inc. (OCA) has put together this Problem Identification Report. Through this publication, OCA hopes to increase the awareness of alcohol and traffic safety issues within and about the Chinese American community. This publication contains the results of two community-based surveys, a review of the existing research on the issue and a summary of a model research project in Los Angeles, California. It concludes with an overview and recommended actions for the future. The contents are organized as follows: Introduction; Health Service Provider Survey; "Have You Ever..." Survey Results, Analysis & Charts; Literature Review; Potential Factors Contributing to Drinking; Prevention and Intervention; A Special Alcohol Peer Consultant Project Report; and Overview and Recommended Actions.
- Sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C.
Organization of Chinese Americans, Incorporated10001 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 707
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Kennedy, M
- Medina, J
- Wu, Y-Y
- Publication Date: 1995-5
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohol abuse; Asians; Awareness; Data collection; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk driving; Ethnic groups; Guides to the literature; Literature reviews; Prevention; Recommendations; Surveys; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Intervention
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00719527
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 272
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 28 1996 12:00AM