UPDATE OF THE FINANCIAL SELF-SUFFICIENCY STUDY AND GUIDELINES. FINAL TECHNICAL REPORT
This report is Volume Four of the four-volume final report on a contract to update the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) 1981 study of financial self-sufficiency for alcohol countermeasure programs and the corresponding 1983 guidelines manual. The primary goal of the project was to document the current status of legislated funding systems for impaired driving countermeasure in the states, in order to prepare the updated Guidelines Manual (Volume One), and two other technical assistance manuals: Funding Matrix and State Summaries (Volume Two) and Case Studies Manual (Volume Three). A pilot workshop was also developed and conducted. Activities conducted were: review of local, state, federal and national secondary data and published material on legislated funding for impaired driving programs; revision of the 1983 state funding matrix; design of data collection instruments tied to the funding matrix; analysis of primary data collected from the states; review of state applications for funding under Section 410 of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991; conduct of five site visits to states with exemplary funding systems, supplemented by interviews with personnel from other exemplary states; development of a course curriculum; and planning, conduct and evaluation of a pilot workshop.
- Sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C.
MayaTech Corporation1300 Spring Street
Silver Spring, MD United States 20910
- BRIZIUS, M
- WATTS, L
- Williams, M
- Publication Date: 1994-9-30
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Driver improvement programs; Drunk driving; Finance; Financial capital; Financing; Guidelines; Impaired drivers; States
- Old TRIS Terms: Financial self-sufficiency
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I10: Economics and Administration; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00719513
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 233
- Contract Numbers: DTNH22-91-C-05286
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 27 1996 12:00AM