VARIABLE DYNAMIC TESTBED VEHICLE STUDY. FINAL REPORT. VOLUME II: TECHNICAL RESULTS
This report describes the concept of a test vehicle for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) that is designed to evaluate the dynamics, human factors, and safety aspects of advanced technologies in passenger class automobiles expected to be introduced as a result of the Intelligent Vehicle/Highway System program. The Variable Dynamic Testbed Vehicle requirements were determined from the inputs of anticipated users and specific research needs of NHTSA. Design and implementation approaches are described, the benefits of the vehicle discussed and costs for several options presented.
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C. PB95-159794 includes Volume I: Executive Summary, Volume II: Technical Results, and Volume III: Appendixes.
Jet Propulsion LaboratoryCalifornia Institute of Technology, 4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA United States 91103
- Marriott, A T
- Publication Date: 1994-9
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic tests; Human factors; Intelligent transportation systems; Passenger cars; Safety; Technological innovations; Test beds; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety design
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00719510
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: JPL-D-11266, Vol. II, HS-808 179
- Contract Numbers: DTNH22-93-X-07514
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 27 1996 12:00AM