MOTOR VEHICLE INJURY PREVENTION: AN ASSESSMENT OF HIGHWAY SAFETY AND PUBLIC HEALTH ACTIVITIES IN SELECTED STATES
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awarded a grant to Education Development Center (EDC) - a nonprofit research and development organization - to assess current and potential collaboration between state highway safety and public health agencies. This report describes the results of the assessment, which was done by interviewing public health and highway safety staff in twenty states in January and February, 1993. NHTSA is using the assessment findings to plan technical assistance that will facilitate increased collaboration between highway safety and public health professionals. State and local agencies can use the information contained in this assessment report to enhance their understanding of the approaches of their counterparts and to find examples of ways to work together.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1994-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooperation; Government agencies; Highway safety; Injuries; Interviewing; Motor vehicles; Public health; Safety; State government agencies; State highway departments; Technical assistance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Injury prevention
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00719501
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 150
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 26 1996 12:00AM