DEVELOPMENT OF A PASSENGER VEHICLE FINITE ELEMENT MODEL. FINAL REPORT
A finite element model was developed for a 1991 Ford Taurus 4-Door Sedan. The vehicle was disassembled, scanned, and digitized. The resulting finite element model was validated against a 35 mph frontal barrier impact test and a 50% offset rigid barrier test.
- Sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C.
EASI Engineering30800 Telegraph Road, Suite 3700
Bingham Farms, MI United States 48025
- Varadappa, S
- Shyo, S-C
- Mani, A
- Publication Date: 1993-11
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Barriers (Roads); Crash tests; Finite element method; Passenger vehicles; Simulation; Validation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00719497
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 145
- Contract Numbers: DTNH22-92-D-07323
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 26 1996 12:00AM