SAFETY BELT USE IN LARGE TRUCKS: A GUIDE TO ENCOURAGE SAFETY BELT USE AMONG DRIVERS OF HEAVY TRUCKS
This manual was prepared to assist trucking fleet and terminal supervisors, safety professionals, wellness coordinators, human resource professionals, and company executives in their efforts to improve safety belt use among drivers of heavy trucks, and to promote the use of lap/shoulder belts. Trucking companies and industry groups are encouraged to use this material, reproduce it, and distribute it to other members of their industry, including small firms and owner-operators. The manual is based on techniques and information that have been successfully used in the past. It includes a variety of materials that are copier-ready. It may be used piecemeal, or in its entirety. Chapters 1 through 3 demonstrate how the use of safety belts can improve company and fleet performance, and provide information and suggestions for activities that any company can easily use to improve truck fleet safety. Chapter 4 includes sample forms and fact sheets that may be reproduced and used with company-specific cover letters, memoranda, and logos. Each user may select the sections that are practical for his or her organization.
- The author of this report is ASW Associates of Silver Spring, Maryland.
National Highway Traffic Safety AdministrationOffice of Occupant Protection, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1993-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Fleet safety; Manual safety belts; Manuals; Promotion; Truck drivers; Utilization
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00719468
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-807 964
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 22 1996 12:00AM