PROCEDURES AND RESOURCE GUIDE FOR BICYCLE HELMET PROMOTIONS: A REVIEW OF BICYCLE HELMET PROMOTIONS IN THE UNITED STATES. FINAL REPORT
This publication contains a review of 231 national, state, and local bicycle helmet promotions in the United States based on a Bicycle Federation of America survey conducted in the summer of 1991. The report identifies trends, common elements of successful programs, goals, strategies, and level and type of evaluation. Examples of helmet promotion resources, materials, guides, and manuals are discussed. Various factors that initiated promotions, and barriers that challenged progress are also included. A directory of programs lists contact information plus target audience, promotion strategy, level of funding, project length, geographic area, level of evaluation, and whether or not the promotion was a coalition effort.
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C.
Bicycle Federation of AmericaMontana Office, P.O. Box 8315
Missoula, MT United States 59807-8315
- Tracy, L
- Publication Date: 1992-4
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycling; Data collection; Finance; Financing; Guides to information; Helmets; Promotion; Strategic planning; Surveys; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bicycle safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Finance; Pedestrians and Bicyclists;
- Accession Number: 00719467
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-807 963
- Contract Numbers: DTNH22-90-P-07107
- Files: HSL, NTL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 22 1996 12:00AM