U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION'S TRAFFIC SAFETY SUMMIT II. FINAL REPORT
Prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, and highway safety professionals from around the country met in 1991 for Traffic Safety Summit II. The Summit produced 188 recommendations on all aspects of the prosecution and adjudication of traffic offenses. To assist in implementing these recommendations, then Secretary of Transportation Skinner appointed an Implementation Group, composed of the Summit working group moderators. This report describes the Implementation Group's accomplishments during its two year charter. The Implementation Group prioritized the recommendations. The highest priority recommendations fell into four major areas: training and education, records, assessment and treatment, and legislation.
- For Traffic Safety Summit II, Summary of Proceedings, USDOT, NHTSA, June 1991, see HS-807 726.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1994-1
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Adjudication; Assessments; Driver records; Education; Implementation; Judges; Legislation; Prosecution; Ratings; Recommendations; Strategic planning; Traffic regulations; Traffic violators; Training
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic laws; Treatment programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Prosecutors
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Finance; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00719455
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 067
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 21 1996 12:00AM