1990 CRC DRIVEABILITY WORKSHOP
A driveability workshop was sponsored by the Coordinating Research Council, Inc. (CRC) October 9-12, 1990, at Renegade Raceway in Yakima, Washington. The workshop was conducted in response to interest expressed by members of the CRC Volatility Group. Thirty-three raters, technicians, and engineers attended the workshop. Training was accomplished through a handout manual, seminars using the manual, discussions, and actual track testing. Objectives were (1) to train novice driver-raters, (2) to improve the skills of trained driver-raters in using the CRC Cold-Start and Warmup Driveability Procedure to make its interpretation within industry more uniform, (3) to introduce and document a uniform method to test manual transmission vehicles with the CRC procedure, and (4) to provide interpretations and definitions of the terminology used in the procedure to develop more uniform use of the terms within industry. An additional objective was to identify areas in the procedure which required updating or revising. This workshop report is presented in the following sections: (I) Introduction; (II) Objective; (III) Test Vehicles; (IV) Test Fuel; (V) Test Program; (VI) Data Analysis; (VII) Conclusions; and (VIII) Recommendations for Future Rating Workshops. Appendix A contains a list of Workshop Participants, Appendix B the Workshop Program, and Appendix C the Workshop Training Procedures, Definitions, and Data Sheets.
Coordinating Research Council, Incorporated219 Perimeter Center Parkway
Atlanta, GA United States 30346
- Publication Date: 1991-10
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Definitions; Driveability; Motor skills; Standardization; Test procedures; Training; Vehicle tests; Workshops
- Old TRIS Terms: Test results
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00719437
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRC Report No. 577, HS-041 826
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 19 1996 12:00AM