PROMISING APPROACHES IN THE PREVENTION OF UNDERAGE DRINKING: CASE STUDIES OF STATE ACTIVITIES. FINAL REPORT
This report is a product of a joint project of the National Association of Governors' Highway Safety Representatives (NAGHSR) and the National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD) focusing on state and local efforts to reduce underage drinking. Part of the project included a survey of the memberships of both NAGSHR and NASADAD designed to assess what states were doing to prevent underage drinking and to determine the extent of interagency cooperation within these efforts. The 10 case studies featured in this report were chosen from the efforts described by survey respondents to the question: "Can you identify current efforts to reduce underage drinking in your state that you consider to be particularly effective or promising?" Phone interviews were conducted with program coordinators during October and November 1994. Selections included in this report were chosen to represent a broad range of strategies and approaches to prevent underage drinking throughout the country. Some are new approaches established quite recently; others are long-standing with a history of success. All are quite replicable and are being presented to state and local agencies as strategies to consider for their own jurisdictions.
- This report was financed with a grant from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention.
National Association of Governors' Highway Safety Representatives750 First Street, NE, Suite 720
Washington, DC United States 20002
National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors444 North Capitol Street, NW, Suite 642
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1995-6
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Cooperation; Data collection; Interagency relations; Legal drinking age; Local government; Measures of effectiveness; Prevention; States; Strategic planning; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Underage drinking
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00719367
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-041 687
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 5 1996 12:00AM