CONCRETE OVERLAYS. HIGHWAYS, STREETS, AIRPORTS, PARKING LOTS
This brief information sheet discusses types of concrete overlays and their advantages. Three types of overlay options are: bonded (concrete directly on concrete; unbonded (concrete placed on concrete with a thin separation layer between); whitetopping (concrete placed on existing asphalt). Concrete overlay advantages are: it is stronger and longer lasting; it is smooth and comfortable; it has increased safety; it is versatile; it is cost-effective.
American Concrete Pavement Association5420 Old Orchard Road, Suite A100
Skokie, IL United States 60077
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete overlays; Concrete pavements; Overlays (Pavements); Strength of materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bonded concrete overlays; Concrete strength
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 00719245
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PCA PL227.01P
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1996 12:00AM