CONCRETE INFORMATION. ENGINEERING CONSIDERATIONS IN CONCRETE INTERSECTION DESIGN
Concrete intersections offer many advantages: (1) long life, (2) great reduction in maintenance costs, (3) elimination of washboarding and rutting of asphalt caused by the braking action of buses and trucks, (4) elimination of the softening of asphalt due to oil drippings, (5) high reflectivity at lighted intersections, which provides safety for pedestrians and vehicles, and (6) pavement surface with high and durable skid resistance. This sheet gives guidelines on how to design and construct concrete intersections.
American Concrete Pavement Association5420 Old Orchard Road, Suite A100
Skokie, IL United States 60077
- Publication Date: 1993
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete pavements; Durability; Intersections; Pavement design; Reflectivity; Skid resistance
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; I20: Design and Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00719243
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PL183.02P
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1996 12:00AM