CONCRETE INFORMATION. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF JOINTS FOR CONCRETE STREETS
This publication presents the principles of design and construction of joints for concrete streets. Joints in concrete street pavements control cracking, divide the pavement into convenient working areas, provide adequate load transfer, and provide lane delineation. Proper jointing keeps the concrete pavement in smooth riding condition for its full design life at a low annual cost. The design and construction of joints for an individual project should use the principles presented in this publication and the performance of local street pavements subjected to similar traffic and environmental conditions.
American Concrete Pavement Association5420 Old Orchard Road, Suite A100
Skokie, IL United States 60077
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete pavements; Highway delineators; Joints (Engineering); Pavement cracking; Pavement design; Pavement joints
- Uncontrolled Terms: Joints
- Old TRIS Terms: Delineators (Traffic)
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 00719239
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISO61P
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 25 1996 12:00AM