TECHNICAL BULLETIN. GUIDELINES FOR BONDED CONCRETE OVERLAYS
These guidelines cover the overlay of existing Portland cement concrete (PCC) pavements with a bonded concrete overlay. This involves the placement of a thin concrete layer atop the existing surface to form a monolithic section. A monolithic section improves load carrying capacity and provides a new surface for improved rideability, skid resistance and lighting characteristics.
American Concrete Pavement Association5420 Old Orchard Road, Suite A100
Skokie, IL United States 60077
- Publication Date: 1990
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete overlays; Load limits; Portland cement concrete; Skid resistance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bonded concrete overlays; Load carrying capacity
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 00719235
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TB-007P
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 25 1996 12:00AM