LIGHT RAIL TRAFFIC MANUAL
The purpose of this manual is to bring together for easy reference the basic signals, signs, symbols, markings and other information related to the operation of light rail systems in a semi-exclusive and a non-exclusive environment. It is intended to assist those involved in the planning, design and operation of light rail systems. Where light rail and heavy rail share a common right-of-way, the traffic control requirements for heavy rail govern. This manual contains current design standards, criteria and policies. Design standards have evolved over a period of many years; consequently, many existing LRT systems do not fully conform with current standards. It is not economically feasible to upgrade entire systems to current standards, however, certain LRT features may be upgraded where it is operationally and cost effective to do so.
California Traffic Control Devices CommitteeLight Rail Safety Subcommittee, 150 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA United States 94102
- Publication Date: 1994-10-20
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Design standards; Light rail transit; Railroad signals; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Right of way (Land)
- Old TRIS Terms: Railroad rights of way
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; I70: Traffic and Transport;
- Accession Number: 00719223
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 20 1996 12:00AM