HUMAN FACTORS EVALUATION OF THE OPERATIONAL DEMONSTRATION FLIGHT INSPECTION AIRCRAFT
These reports describe the data collection and analysis efforts performed by the Civil Aeromedical Institute's Human Factors Research Laboratory to assist the Office of Aviation System Standards (AVN) in the human factors evaluation of the Operational Demonstration (Ops Demo) candidate flight inspection aicraft (FIA). Although there was not sufficient time to conduct an exhaustive human factors evaluation of the Ops Demo FIA, several efforts were undertaken to assist in the determination of the suitability of the proposed aircraft for integration of flight inspection mission. These efforts included an evaluation of flight inspection pilot and technician preferences for certain aircraft characteristics, an evaluation of aircraft cabin noise levels, an athropometric familiarization for flight inspection pilots and technicians participating in the Ops Demo, and an evaluation of the proposed flight inspection workstation design for the medium-size, medium-range (MSR) aircraft.
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Rodgers, M D
- Publication Date: 1995-5
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft operations; Anthropometry; Flight control systems; Human factors engineering; Inspection; Operations; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operational analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00719183
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-FAA-AM-95-18
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 27 1996 12:00AM