ELECTRONIC MARKETING OF TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
The potential for electronic marketing of trucking services for produce was explored in this study. Based on interviews with brokers, shippers, and carriers, there appears to be considerable potential for this service. A demonstration software package, called 'LOIS" (Load Information System), was developed.
- Sponsored by Institute for Transportation Research and Education, Raleigh, NC. Southeastern Transportation Center, Region IV, and Department of Transportation, Washington, DC, University Transportation Centers Program.
University of Florida, GainesvilleTransportation Research Center, P.O. Box 116580
Gainesville, FL United States 32611-6580
- Beilock, R
- Shell, T
- Publication Date: 1994-7
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Demonstration projects; Economics; Electronic equipment; Marketing; Software; Trucking
- Old TRIS Terms: Electronic means
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00719150
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 21 1996 12:00AM