USER PAY CONCEPTS: DEFINITIONS AND POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS FOR CALGARY
This paper describes and evaluates market-related or user pay measures and their likely impacts on travel behavior, congestion, and pollution for Calgary in 2024, when it is expected to contain about 1.25 million people. The paper describes experiences in other jurisdictions; analyzes possible results through a model; and examines the revenues likely to be raised if such measures were introduced. User pay measures considered include road pricing, fuel taxes, parking charges, and registration fees.
Calgary, City of, CanadaCorporate Economics Division, 313 Seventh Avenue, Southeast
- Publication Date: 1994
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuels; Pay parking; Registration fees; Road pricing; Taxation; User charges
- Uncontrolled Terms: Parking costs
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00719104
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 1996 12:00AM