CALGARY GOPLAN: SOCIAL ROLE OF TRANSPORTATION
GoPlan is developing a new transportation plan for the City of Calgary for the next 30 years. In Phase 1 public involvement, GoPlan identified a series of issues and goals that were important, one concern of which was the social role of transportation, including whether the transportation system should fulfill a basic role; whether it should be considered a commodity to provide for the movement of goods, services, and people; and to what degree it should meet the transportation demands of special users such as the elderly, those with low incomes, and those with disabilities. This paper outlines the policies and programs already in place through provincial and municipal governments and the private sector for those with low incomes, the elderly, and persons with disabilities. It also describes public involvement and sumarizes stakeholders' comments.
Calgary, City of, Canada313 Seventh Avenue, Southeast
- Publication Date: 1994
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Demand responsive transportation; Low income groups; Persons with disabilities; Planning; Private enterprise; Public participation; Social factors; Special user groups
- Old TRIS Terms: Disabled people
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Society;
- Accession Number: 00719102
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 1996 12:00AM