CALGARY GOPLAN: GOPLAN GUIDE TO THE OPTIONS
This guide takes a detailed look at the GoPlan recommendations that form the Recommendation Scenario approved by City Council in June 1994. It describes how land use and changes in collective travel behavior work alongside the road and transit networks that will be developed to support Calgary's future growth. The guide provides background information, and overview of the future vision of Calgary, how this vision was developed, and the recommendations to achieve this vision; lists the land use recommendations and corresponding future directions; looks at travel behavior in terms of future policies and trends needed to change how people travel; describes the future road network needed to support the city's future growth, including one option with river crossings and one without; and discusses the role of transit in the city and ways to encourage transit use. Appendices provide detailed maps and more specific information about road upgrades and travel behavior parameters.
Calgary, City of, CanadaPlanning & Building Dept, 313 Seventh Avenue, Southeast
- Publication Date: 1994
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Land use; Networks; Public transit; Roads; Transportation; Travel behavior; Urban growth
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road networks; Transit services; Transportation networks
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00719101
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 1996 12:00AM