CALGARY DOWNTOWN PARKING AND TRANSIT STUDY: SUMMARY REPORT
To examine the relationship of parking and transit in achieving overall balanced transportation goals, this study focused on travel to work and downtown long-term parking supply and demand. The study reviewed the supply and demand for parking and transit in downtown Calgary and compared them to policies in Calgary and other selected cities; reviewed financial and taxation issues relating to downtown parking; compared park-and-ride as a downtown parking surrogate in Calgary and other selected cities; and determined strategic parking/transit policies. Recommendations are included.
Calgary, City of, Canada313 Seventh Avenue, Southeast
- Publication Date: 1994
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Demand; Development; Park and ride; Parking; Public transit; Studies; Supply; Work trips
- Uncontrolled Terms: Supply and demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Parking studies; Transit development plan
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00719100
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 1996 12:00AM