COMMUNITY-WIDE YOUTH IMPAIRED DRIVING PROGRAM: SUMMARY OF ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITY
This report describes enforcement activity recorded by Delta, Gladwin, Lapeer, Marquette, and Washtenaw Counties between April 1993 and March 1995, as part of the Community-Wide Youth Impaired Driving Program. Enforcement data were recorded by each county and submitted to the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute. The data have been summarized and presented in a descriptive format, by county, to provide information about the general enforcement activity that occurred as part of the program. Three forms were used by most of the counties to record enforcement activity. An event planning form identified and described enforcement activities and actions associated with specific events. A monthly activity report described overall enforcement actions such as project hours, traffic stop activity, and criminal arrest activity on a monthly basis. Finally, an impaired driving enforcement report provided information about the use of videotape in impaired driving arrests and convictions. Marquette County also developed a form to record information about sting operations conducted between July 1993 and February 1995.
- Sponsored by Michigan Department of State, Lansing.
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute2901 Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109-2150
- Streff, F M
- Molnar, L J
- Hopp, M L
- Kostyniuk, L P
- Publication Date: 1995-9
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Community action programs; Drivers; Impaired drivers; Teenage drivers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Enforcement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00719093
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTRI-95-26, HS-042 509
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1996 12:00AM