RECREATIONAL BOAT COLLISION ACCIDENT RESEARCH, VOLUME 2. APPENDICES: COMPUTER SIMULATION DATA
Under a grant from the United States Coast Guard, Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. Marine Department is conducting research to develop techniques for reconstructing collision accidents involving recreational boats. One of the purposes of this research is to identify technologies that have proven useful in other areas of accident reconstruction that may contribute significantly to the analysis of boat collisions. One of the technologies that has been recognized as providing much success in the past is that of computer simulation and computer aided accident reconstruction. This document outlines the necessary steps to be taken in which an attempt will be made to model a boat collision accident using state of the art computer simulation technology.
Underwriters Laboratories, IncorporatedMarine Department
Westwood, NJ United States 07675
- Beam, M A
- Publication Date: 1992-10
- Pagination: 209 p.
- TRT Terms: Boating; Boats; Crash reconstruction; Marine safety; Recreational vehicles; Simulation; Vehicle safety; Water transportation crashes
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00719081
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1996 12:00AM