DIRECTORY OF SPECIALIZED TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS FUNDED BY FTA'S SECTION 16 PROGRAM (REANNOUNCEMENT)
The directory is a comprehensive listing of all 3,673 private, nonprofit and public agencies providing transportation to elders and persons with disabilities through the Federal Transit Administrations (FTA) Section 16 capital assistance program. It is the first such directory since the 1989 Directory of UMTA-Funded Rural and Specialized Transit Systems, and is one of three volumes that comprise an update of the 1989 directory and its accompanying statistical profiles. The review should include the specialized transportation services provided by private nonprofit agencies in the Section 16 network. Both states and individual transit systems should find this directory helpful as they begin implementing their complementary paratransit plans under Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the public transportation management systems required by ISTEA.
- Reannounced with different title and report number. See also PB90-198516. Sponsored by Federal Transit Administration, Washington, DC. Rural Transit Assistance Program.
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Publication Date: 1994-12
- Pagination: 352 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Directories; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Special user groups
- Identifier Terms: Americans with Disabilities Act
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Disabled people
- Subject Areas: Highways; Public Transportation; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00719073
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTA-IL-26-7001-95-03
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1996 12:00AM